This agreement is in effect as of October 3rd, 2014
We reserve the right to change this User Agreement from time to time without notice. You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to review this User Agreement periodically to familiarize yourself with any modifications. Your continued use of this site after such modifications will constitute acknowledgment and agreement of the modified terms and conditions.
Responsible Use and Conduct
By visiting our website and accessing the information, resources, services, products, and tools we provide for you, either directly or indirectly (hereafter referred to as 'Resources'), you agree to use these Resources only for the purposes intended as permitted by (a) the terms of this User Agreement, and (b) applicable laws, regulations and generally accepted online practices or guidelines.
Wherein, you understand that:
- In order to access our Resources, you may be required to provide certain information about yourself (such as identification, contact details, etc.) as part of the registration process, or as part of your ability to use the Resources. You agree that any information you provide will always be accurate, correct, and up to date.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any login information associated with any account you use to access our Resources. Accordingly, you are responsible for all activities that occur under your account/s.
- Accessing (or attempting to access) any of our Resources by any means other than through the means we provide, is strictly prohibited. You specifically agree not to access (or attempt to access) any of our Resources through any automated, unethical or unconventional means.
- Engaging in any activity that disrupts or interferes with our Resources, including the servers and/or networks to which our Resources are located or connected, is strictly prohibited.
- You may not deny others access to, or reverse engineer, the Resources, or attempt to do so.
- You may not use the Resources to infringe the intellectual property rights of others, or to commit an unlawful activity.
- You may not probe, scan or test the vulnerability of any FocusGroupIt system or network, unless authorized by FocusGroupIt.
- You may not engage in abusive or excessive usage of the Resources, which is usage significantly in excess of average usage patterns that adversely affects the speed, responsiveness, stability, availability or functionality of the Resources for other users. FocusGroupIt.com will endeavor to notify you of any abusive or excessive usage to provide you with an opportunity to reduce such usage to a level acceptable to FocusGroupIt.
- Attempting to copy, duplicate, reproduce, sell, trade, or resell our Resources is strictly prohibited, unless permission is granted by FocusGroupIt.com.
- You are solely responsible any consequences, losses, or damages that we may directly or indirectly incur or suffer due to any unauthorized activities conducted by you, as explained above, and may incur criminal or civil liability.
- We provide various open communication tools on our website, such as focus group comments, focus group questions, participant-to-participant chat, blogs, blog comments, various social media services, etc. You understand that generally we do not pre-screen or monitor the content posted by users of these various communication tools, which means that if you choose to use these tools to submit any type of content to our website, then it is your personal responsibility to use these tools in a responsible and ethical manner.
By posting information or otherwise using any open communication tools as mentioned, you agree that you will not upload, post, share, or otherwise distribute any content that:
- Is illegal, threatening, defamatory, abusive, harassing, degrading, intimidating, fraudulent, deceptive, invasive, racist, or contains any type of suggestive, inappropriate, or explicit language;
- Infringes on any trademark, patent, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary right of any party;
- Contains any type of unauthorized or unsolicited advertising;
- Impersonates any person or entity.
We have the right at our sole discretion to remove any content that, we feel in our judgment does not comply with this User Agreement, along with any content that we feel is otherwise offensive, harmful, objectionable, inaccurate, or violates any 3rd party copyrights or trademarks. We are not responsible for any delay or failure in removing such content. If you post content that we choose to remove, you hereby consent to such removal, and consent to waive any claim against us.
We do not assume any liability for any content posted by you or any other 3rd party users of our website. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless FocusGroupIt, LLC and its affiliates, and their directors, officers, managers, employees, donors, agents, and licensors, from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys' fees, resulting from any violation of this User Agreement or the failure to fulfill any obligations relating to your account incurred by you or any other person using your account. We reserve the right to take over the exclusive defense of any claim for which we are entitled to indemnification under this User Agreement. In such event, you shall provide us with such cooperation as is reasonably requested by us.
Limitation of Warranties
By using our website, you understand and agree that all Resources we provide are "as is" and "as available." This means that we do not represent or warrant to you that:
- the use of our Resources will meet your needs or requirements;
- the use of our Resources will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or free from errors;
- the information obtained by using our Resources will be accurate or reliable; and
- any defects in the operation or functionality of any Resources we provide will be repaired or corrected.
Furthermore, you understand and agree that:
- any content downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of our Resources is done at your own discretion and risk, and that you are solely responsible for any damage to your computer or other devices for any loss of data that may result from the download of such content.
- no information or advice, whether expressed, implied, oral or written, obtained by you from FocusGroupIt or through any Resources we provide shall create any warranty, guarantee, or conditions of any kind, except for those expressly outlined in this User Agreement.
Limitation of Liability
In conjunction with the Limitation of Warranties as explained above, you expressly understand and agree that any claim against us shall be limited to the amount you paid, if any, for use of products and/or services. FocusGroupIt will not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or exemplary loss or damages which may be incurred by you as a result of using our Resources, or as a result of any changes, data loss or corruption, cancellation, loss of access, or downtime to the full extent that applicable limitation of liability laws apply.
All content and materials available on FocusGroupIt.com that are related to the FocusGroupIt Resources, including but not limited to text, graphics, website name, code, images and logos are the intellectual property of FocusGroupIt, LLC, and are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law. Any inappropriate use, including but not limited to the reproduction, distribution, display or transmission of any content on this site is strictly prohibited, unless specifically authorized by FocusGroupIt.
You retain ownership of all intellectual property rights in your content. This User Agreement does not grant FocusGroupIt.com with any licenses or rights to your content, except for the rights needed to provide the Resources, and as otherwise described in this User Agreement.
If you provide FocusGroupIt.com with feedback about the Resources, we may use your feedback without any obligation to you.
If you believe your content has been exploited in a way that constitutes copyright infringement in accordance with the US Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), please email FocusGroupIt immediately at [email protected]
Acceptable Use of Focus Group Participant Data
As the creator, moderator and/or administrator of any focus group, you agree to only use exported participant data for the express purpose of administering honorariums/incentives/rewards to focus group participants. This information is never to be distributed to third parties, unless it is absolutely necessary to fulfill participant incentives. In addition, this information must never be used for the purpose of sending marketing or advertising collateral to participants. Any mishandling of exported participant data will result in immediate termination of your account from the FocusGroupIt.com website.
Focus Group Participation Requirements
As the creator, moderator and/or administrator of any focus group, you must never ask any participants to pay to be part of a focus group you conduct on FocusGroupIt.com. Asking a participant to pay to participate will result in the immediate termination of your account.
If you are an individual residing outside of the European Union (EU), you may only use the Resources if you have the power to form a contract with FocusGroupIt. None of the Resources are intended for use by individuals less than 13 years old. If you are under 13 years old or do not have the power to form a contract with FocusGroupIt.com, you may not use the Resources.
If you are a resident of the EU, you may not use Resources if you are under the age of 16.
If you are not an individual, you warrant that you are validly formed and existing under the laws of your jurisdiction of formation and that you have duly authorized your agent to bind you to this User Agreement.
Termination of Use
You agree that we may, at our sole discretion, suspend or terminate your access to all or part of our website and Resources with or without notice and for any reason, including, without limitation, breach of this User Agreement. Any suspected illegal, fraudulent or abusive activity may be grounds for terminating your relationship and may be referred to appropriate law enforcement authorities. Upon suspension or termination, your right to use the Resources we provide will immediately cease, and we reserve the right to remove or delete any information that you may have on file with us, including any account or login information.
This website is controlled by FocusGroupIt, LLC from our offices located in the state of New York, United States. It can be accessed by most countries around the world. As each country has laws that may differ from those of New York, by accessing our website, you agree that the statutes and laws of New York, without regard to the conflict of laws and the United Nations Convention on the International Sales of Goods, will apply to all matters relating to the use of this website and the purchase of any products or services through this site.
Furthermore, any action to enforce this User Agreement shall be brought in the federal or state courts located in the State of New York, United States. You hereby agree to personal jurisdiction by such courts, and waive any jurisdictional, venue, or inconvenient forum objections to such courts.
UNLESS OTHERWISE EXPRESSED, FOCUSGROUPIT, LLC EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
If you have any questions or comments about these Terms of Service as outlined above, you can contact us at:FocusGroupIt, LLC
260 East Main St., Suite #6326
Rochester, NY 14604
Last Edited on 2018-5-25